ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN
What’s The Purpose?
WATER’S WORTH IT® is a broad-based messaging campaign that helps to answer the question about how our actions, attitudes, and the things we most value are so closely connected with water.
The campaign aims to inform a range of audiences, including the general public, media, opinion leaders, decision-makers, and elected officials.
The goals of the campaign are to:
- Demystify water and wastewater treatment by showing the direct connections between what water sector professionals do and what the public values — create jobs, protect health, protect the environment, and provide clean water.
- Expand and deepen the awareness of the value of water.
- Explain that water is a precious and limited resource that needs to be recycled and reused.
- Elevate the profile of water sector professionals by building respect and appreciation for the services they provide.
- Create a foundation of public awareness to support needed infrastructure investments.
- Support cutting-edge practices to deliver, recover, and reuse water resources.
How Does It Work?
Everyone who uses water is encouraged to join this coordinated effort to raise awareness about the value and importance of water. By joining our voices behind this campaign, each of us can contribute to a positive change.
For members of the water sector, the campaign will:
- Provide you with communication tools you will need to succeed,
- Help you to build alliances at the state, regional, and community level, and
- Help you coordinate a flexible outreach and education effort that is easily tailored to what’s happening in your state, region, community or agency.
For the general public, the campaign will:
- Provide you with the information you need to be an educated and responsible consumer,
- Help you to create a personal connection with water
- Show you how your life is inextricably linked to this vital resource, and
- Help you to understand how important the water profession is and the essential services that it provides to your quality of life.
Who Are We?
WATER’S WORTH IT is an on-going public messaging campaign from the Water Environment Federation (WEF).
Be as good to water as water’s been to you. Click here to learn how you can help WEF be a voice for water.